Saturday 20 August 2011

Day 232 (232 Classes Completed) - Inspiration

I had a strong 9am class today. I was struck by two sources of inspiration this morning:

I always sleep with my window open. I woke at 6:45 this am just in time to hear our Canadian national anthem for the start of the Apple Triathlon which is part of the Canadian National Triathlon Championships. I am always inspired by the amazing, dedicated triathletes of the community here in Kelowna. The discipline the sport takes is incredible. It is even more inspiring having all the triathletes from Canada and other countries here this weekend for the Apple. I wish them all a strong race!

My second source of inspiration came from one specific guy who was in the hot room today. A few years back he suffered a severe hit while playing hockey. Due to the hit he required some serious reconstructive surgery and had a long recovery. He is once again back to being a strong tremendous athlete. To practice with someone like him reemphasizes for me the strength and potential we have both inside and outside the hot room!

Thanks to the triathletes & "hockey guy" ;)

Namaste


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home