Friday 12 August 2011

Day 224 (224 Classes Completed) - Emotional Struggle

Greetings!

All I can say is I am embarrassed by my lack of motivation to write over the past week. The past week has been busy, but has also brought some deep emotional struggle. The combined two mentioned factors are most likely the reason I have not been keeping up with this blog. I will recap the past week briefly:

Friday - completed 3 classes in one day and felt very strong!
Saturday - forced to take the day off due to my shift at work not allowing me to get to any classes. By the end of Saturday was feeling some intense dehydration combined with some anxiety over anticipation of my first time participating in the competition training in Kamloops the next day.
Sunday - had the most amazing & inspiring day in Kamloops! Made the trip with my best Bikram bud Stacey: (see photo of Stacey in her amazing backbend!)
While in Kamloops we did the 10am class which was followed by the competition training that started at noon. The instructors and students of Bikram Yoga Kamloops are incredible and I am so grateful they are so welcoming. I will write more about competition training in future blogs as I plan to attend in 2 weeks time.
Monday - day off
Tuesday - double (5pm & 7pm). Tough emotions began this day
Wednesday - took an unplanned day off
Thursday - took a drive and did the 6pm class at "The Cove" resort in West Kelowna. Had a strong class.
That brings me to today. I did another double (6:15am & 5pm) to get me all caught up, well, until tomorrow when due to my work shift I am forced to take another day off. I will actually have close to 48 hours off now until my next class. During this challenge I now consider time off in hours and not calendar days. I suppose I need to do better, don't we all strive to "live in the moment"?
Even though I am facing some huge emotional struggles, I am trying to remain grateful. Grateful that I am moving into to healing the emotional level of my being, grateful that I am able to do this Bikram challenge & grateful for each breath I take, in each moment.

I will end with some tourist shots of Stace and I outside the inspirational Kamloops studio:


Namaste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home