Monday 15 August 2011

Day 227 (226 Classes Completed) - Grateful

After the events that took place in Kelowna yesterday, I am currently overwhelmed by the sense of gratitude I have for everything, including being alive. It may sound dramatic but to have a gang related open fire shooting happen during the mid afternoon right across the street from where I live, has made me stop to think. I know this can happen anywhere at anytime but what if I had been walking to the beach at that time? You just never know. It is a good reminder of why it is important to live in and make the most of each moment, even the struggle. For it is through the struggle we learn and grow. These lessons can also be found in the "hot room". It is the struggle through postures that we learn and grow and get to new levels of that posture.

I had a strong class today at 5pm both physically and mentally. During the second part of awkward pose I went up as high as I have ever gone on my toes, only to completely fall over a loose my balance. "It is the struggle through postures that we learn and grow and get to new levels of that posture". In a future blog I will tell you about how I held the second part of awkward the highest on my toes that I have ever been. Until then, I will keep facing the struggle.

Congrats to my girls Shani & Iris who completed a double today!

Namaste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home